..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Saturday, January 12, 2008

Do Not Hide Your Light Under A Basket: Matthew 5:14-16

Out of the deepest felt sense of
your utter need for Me, I bring boldness.
He who listens and obeys, understands.
He who knows he cannot, is
made able by My Hand.

The one who falls, in humility,
at the foot of the Cross is able
to stand up and discern clearly
for guile and self-will has been
removed.

Before I release you into the outer, I
build and perfect the inner.
I have spent much work on the inner.
But now, off comes the cover so
that the inner (your hidden life
in Me) and the outer (what others
see from the outside) can
come together in a perfect whole.

The inner is no longer in need of
being hidden. The outer has need of
its testimony and it nature. Do not
hide your light under a basket.

Plunge into My River--fear not its
swirling depths: it will carry you
to places you do not know about,
but are prepared for. Trust Me.

No comments: