..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Friday, October 13, 2006

God Calling: Pouring Out the Mercy of God

I pour out mercy on everyone. The meek receive it, knowing their need. It is often wasted on the children of this world, for they ignore it and cast it aside. I tell you, on them it is wasted.

So I waste, and they waste, but in very different ways. You must learn to waste as I waste.
Not as the world. Pour out mercy by the bucket. Let it spill over, more than is needed.
You are afraid of such waste, but I am not. There was one who "wasted" her oil and poured
it out all over Me. Only those without eyes to see thought it was wasted. Mary knew it was
not. The fragrance was far-reaching, life-changing. You never know who will receive the overflow you pour out. Pour out, pour out mercy as if it were your life's oil poured out on Me.

I have said, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice". Now I say unto you, "I want the sacrifice of mercy."

It is not about how much mercy you need: there is ample supply. It is about how much you are willing to receive and then, in turn, pour out on others. Some people receive mercy but then are not willing to show mercy. You know how I feel about that!

Let mercy flow from your inner well, like a fountain. You will never run dry if it comes from My spring within you. It is my mercy, and it is for me to pour out--even to waste. Let me, not you, judge if it is wasted. Do not try to stop the well or direct the flow. It is meant to flow freely. If you feel dry of mercy, come up and watch me pour out of my supply. Mercy is for me to waste so that all men have the chance to come to me, and so that all men will be without excuse in that Day.

Would I ask you to walk the second mile if I had not already done it? I have walked way past the second mile with the world. Make My heart glad by walking along the path of mercy with Me.
Let My mercy pour through you. Let it gush out so that it's fragrance will permeate wherever you go.

Mercy.




No comments: