..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Thursday, October 19, 2006

God Calling: Called to Trust God

Not many wise. Not many rich. Not many of good report. I have come to call sinners and not the righteous. Who can stand before Me as blameless? Who will come into My Presence without sin? I am the LORD. I search every heart. No thought goes unnoticed, no tendency of the heart goes unobserved. Come to Me. I ask you to come not because I AM the Lord of Hosts but because I want you to live. I come to you as a Servant. Please choose to listen to Me. My ways bring life. I choose good for you if you will but give up your own ways and come to Me. Let go of reasoning and earthly knowledge. Let go of needing to appear right. Let go of control, and it's illusions. Nothing is yours to hold onto, yet all is safe with Me. Trust Me. Trust is not hard--even a child, ESPECIALLY a child, is able to trust. Do you hear what I am saying to you? Then please listen and trust.






1 comment:

lizentwoya said...

Lovely. Thank you for lifting me above the level of rocks and blackberries.