..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Thursday, January 12, 2012

Enjoy Me!




Just these two words He spoke
changed my life.

"Enjoy Me."

What a burden I thought I was to carry--
a crucifix, as did He.

Love once said to me,
"I know a song,

would you like to hear it?"

And laughter came from every brick in the street
and from every pore
in the sky,

After a night of prayer, He
changed my life when

                        He sang,
"Enjoy Me."

--from Theresa of Avila, "Laughter came from every Brick"
--Love Poems from God  edited by Daniel Ladinsky

photo taken at Magic Wings Butterfly
So. Deerfield, MA

No comments: