..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Wednesday, February 09, 2011

An Amazing Coincidence: Some things never change, some things do!

I was so excited to post the picture of Kirkstone Pass yesterday with a wayfarer quote that I had just found. Then later in the day, I was cleaning out a file of old postcards and found the exact same scene,
photographed at just about the exact spot OVER !00 years ago. It was so amazing! Little had changed in the picture--the telephone poles were gone, but it was basically unchanged. What a blessing! I just wanted to share the postcard with you, and the original scene again....In the midst of a world of change, I am just so glad that some of the most beautiful scenery in the world has not been
spoiled. Thank God!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for your blog - it's very beautiful and it draws my heart to think upon Jesus. Thank you for your faithfulness.

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah ~ Psalms 84:2-4

God Bless,
LarryG.