..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God Often Casts Us Into Crucibles




It is very easy for us to speak and theorize about faith, but God
often casts us into crucibles to try our gold, and to separate it from
the dross and alloy. Oh, happy are we if the hurricanes that ripple
life's unquiet sea have the effect of making Jesus more precious.

Better the storm with Christ than smooth waters without Him."

--Macduff


photo taken in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania

4 comments:

Crafty Homeschool Mama said...

Hello Rose Marie.
What a treasure it is finding your blog! Some great stuff here! I am so glad to have met you, and hope to stay in touch as the Lord allows.
I am done with facebook for the time being, but I have an account at Google+ and also invite you to visit my blog. Blessings to you in our beloved Lord!

The Pen of The Wayfarer said...

Hi there! thank you! i took a quick peak at your blog and i like it! will go look later when i have a minute. will be in touch!
--rose-marie

Sandi said...

I am preaching on Colossians 3:1-4. This week I am focusing on the truth, "I AM your life".... rather than being a component of my life.

During Adult Education I am beginning a new study on Job. I've an eclectic group of people. : ) A young mother with MS up to a 96 y.o. woman who lives alone and still drives.

I'm blogging on Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts.

All of these things I am reading and carrying...your post seems to weave within and without. Thanks for sharing.

Many Blessings ~ Sandi

The Pen of The Wayfarer said...

Thanks Sandi, good for you! Keep taking care of the folk that God
has given to you and giving them
something substantial for their
journey! God bless you!--rose-marie