..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Hymn: How Good It Is to Thank the Lord






































How good it is to thank the Lord,

Give praise to You, Most High, accord,

To show Your love with morning light,

And tell Your faithful love each night;

Yes, good it is God's  praise to sing,

And all our sweetest music bring.



O Lord, with joy my heart expands,

Before the wonders of Your hands;

Great works, Dear God, You have wrought,

Exceeding deep Thine every thought;

A foolish man knows not their worth,

Nor he whose mind is of the earth.



When as the grass the wicked grow,

When sinners flourish here below,

Then is their endless ruin nigh,

But You, O Lord, art throned on high;

Your enemies shall fall before Thy might,

The evil shall be put to flight.



Thou, Lord, hast blessed me

With royal strength and dignity;

With Your anointing I am blest,

Your grace and favor on me rest;

I thus exult o’er all my foes,

O’er all that would my cause oppose.



The righteous man shall flourish well,

And in the house of God shall dwell;

He shall be like a goodly tree,

And all his life shall fruitful be;

For righteous is the Lord and just,

He is my Rock, in Him I trust.


--Thanksgiving Hymn

No comments: