..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Saturday, October 11, 2008



"I am the true vine, and my Father
is the gardener. He cuts off every
branch in me that bears no fruit,
while every branch that does bear
fruit he prunes so that it will be
even more fruitful.

You are already clean because of
the word I have spoken to you.
Remain in me, and I will remain in
you. No branch can bear fruit by
itself; it must remain in the vine.

Neither can you bear fruit unless you
remain in me. I am the vine; you are
the branches. If a man remains in me
and I in him, he will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing. If
anyone does not remain in me, he is
like a branch that is thrown away and
withers; such branches are picked up,
thrown into the fire and burned.

If you remain in me and my words
remain in you, ask whatever you wish,
and it will be given you. This is to my
Father's glory, that you bear much fruit,
showing yourselves to be my disciples.
As the Father has loved me, so have I
loved you. (John 15:1-9)

photo taken in Feeding Hills, MA
early fall raspberry

No comments: