..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Devotions From the Heart: You Shall Live Also

by Derek Gitsham

"Yet a little while and the world
seeth me no more, but ye see me:
because I live, ye shall live also.
At that day ye shall know that I am
in My Father, and you in Me, and I
in you." John 14:19-20


From the thirteenth chapter of John, to the
seventeenth, Jesus and His apostles were
alone. The atmosphere was intimate. Jesus had
chosen this time to reveal their need to
receive the Holy Ghost.

Much was spoken concerning the Holy Ghost
that was not spoken before by Jesus. It takes
an intimate meeting to reveal what was to
become a living intimacy with God. They had
known Jesus after the flesh, now they were to
know Him after the Spirit. The Holy Ghost
would be the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus,
indwelling them. The long awaited miracle of
the New Birth, promised by Jesus in John
chapter 3 was now going to be enacted in all
those waiting for the Holy Ghost on the Day
of Pentecost.

The day He is referring to is Pentecost and
clearly He says "you will know I am in My Father,
and you in Me, and I in you." Paul says if any
man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Truly
this would be the day when the dead bones would
live (Ezekiel 38). As God asked Ezekiel, can
these bones live? Surely they would live being
indwelt by God’s Holy Spirit.

We live because He lives. He lives inside of
our hearts and if we, by obedience to His word,
walk the walk, He will live in us. We live
because He lives not vice-versa. What a wonder
it is to know that the Holy Ghost is in us to
live Jesus in us. If He lives, we live.

He will live your life for you if you step
aside, and believe His Word. He that loseth
his life for My sake shall find it. Your
life will be Another’s, the Lord's Himself.
What a wonder! Jesus has come to be our life.
He was saying to the Apostles, I will be in
heaven, but by My Spirit I will be in you
alive, living in you and continuing my work
of salvation. There can be no greater intimacy
than this. How much we have to thank the Holy
Ghost for. He is Jesus’ life in us.

No comments: