..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Down An English Lane

Down the lane
You walked with me
as I walked about tonight.

I could not hold You back,
dear Lord,
You burst forth in Your Light,

You who know me best of all,
my heart bursting like a dam,
You who hear me when I call,
please tell me who I am.

So softly, so gently You whisper
The name You know me by,
My quest to you I whisper
Dear Jesus, who am I?

I only know You beckon,
calling deep and still and sweet,
past the place I usually live,
to the me I have yet to meet.

Tonight I feel as evening descends
upon the tired land.
You, too, descend upon my heart:
foreign, unknown sand.

Land of deeper and unexplored,
Help me, Father, see.
Let me walk here close with You
'Til You be all in me.

Soft and tender is your call,
Tho’ faint at times your Voice.
In aloneness, though never alone,
You make my heart rejoice.

Your language within, takes over,
I know not of what I speak.
I do know that my heart so longs
to dwell among the meek.

Like a tiny, little sparrow,
that is cupped within Your Hand
my heart for all tomorrows
yearns to follow Your commands.




No comments: