..."and a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness; evil minded people shall not travel on it, but it shall be for those wayfarers who are traveling toward God. (Isaiah 35:8, adapted)



Saturday, August 19, 2006

Prepare the way for the Master!

Today I am happy to be alive. Very happy.

The sun is shining and I have been to church. A very sweet man from India speaks, his face shining. He has that Indian way about him, a way too often born of suffering. From him emanated an ability to know a simple, unmediated connection with his Lord. His faith was, indeed is, not just in his head, but in his heart and hands and feet and face.

I, too, could feel my faith. It was not just in my head but in my heart, in my skin, in my soul, in the deepest part of me. Deep calls unto deep: "All Thy waves have rolled over me."

Today, my Lord, I am happy to be alive!

He told us that we should prepare a way for the Master! He shouted in that same direct and immediate way. It was a gentle shout, but powerful. I felt it resonate deep within. I could feel the Master standing there in front of me. Or was it behind me? Or yes, yes, that was it-- living and breathing WITHIN me: beckoning, smiling, calling in that same solid and stable way.

Oh my Lord, today I am happy to be alive!

Today I am thankful for unhindered, direct faith, glistening with a million nuances in glorius simplicity. Faith shining like the sun.

Today, O Lord, I am happy to be alive. Very happy.
Prepare a way for the Master!

No comments: